Understand SDG 3
- The SDG 3 puts a focus on the reduction of maternal and premature mortality, and death and illness caused by the hazardous environment, accidents, and substance abuse.
- The SDG 3 also aims at ensuring universal health coverage and sexual and reproductive health care services.
- In 2018, about 6 million children and adolescents under the age of 15 years died, 5 million of which occurred under the age of 5.
- In 2017, approximately 810 women died every day from preventable maternal death.
- AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and other diseases are threatening the health of millions of people globally.
- In 2019, 38 million people were living with HIV and 690,000 people died from AIDS-related illness.
Data retrieved from UN SDG 3