Understand SDG 6
- SDG 6 is to ensure universal and equitable access to clean water and hygiene for all people.
- The targets also include reduction of water pollution, improvement of water-use efficiency, and restoration of water-related ecosystems.
- Water scarcity affects over 40% of the world population and the number is rising.
- 1 in 4 health care facilities lacks basic water services.
- More than 80% of wastewater is discharged into rivers or sea without any pollution removal.
- Everyday, around 1,000 children die from preventable water and sanitation-related diseases.
Data retrieved from UN SDG 6