Understand SDG 16
- SDG 16 is to significantly reduce all forms of violence, especially against children, and all forms of corruption and bribery; ensure equal access to justice for all and effective and inclusive decision-makings at all levels; improve the participation of developing countries in the institutions of global governance.
- Every day, 100 civilians are killed in armed conflicts.
- Judiciary and police are institutions affected by corruption the most.
- 31% of all prisoners worldwide are held in detention without sentencing.
- More than 200 million children are affected by school-related violence each year and more than 700 million children risk suffering from corporal punishment.
Data retrieved from UN SDG 16